Tuesday 2 August 2011

New Book on Catholic Prophecy

I am pleased to announce a new blog to accompany the launch of my book Unveiling the Apocalypse: Prophecy in Catholic Tradition.  To some it may seem odd that a book critical of modern social communications technology should be accompanied by a blog - and this would be a fair point to make.  So it should be elaborated first and foremost that I am not a Luddite.  Yes, one of the major theses of the book is that the letters www are transliterated into Hebrew as three sixes - six-six-six, and that this should be considered to be the ultimate fulfillment of the prophecy of the number of the Beast.  Does this mean that we should shun all modern technology, and retreat back into our caves and eke out a paleolithic existence foraging for berries and hunting large game? 
Technology (in the more sophisticated sense of the word) has co-existed side-by-side with humanity since the dawn of civilisation.  It is part and parcel of the basic human condition.  We cannot escape from this reality, and it would be useless to attempt to do so given the limitations of our knowledge on this subject so far.  This book is partly an attempt to discern the true metaphysical nature of technology.  Does technological sophistication spell the collective death of humanity?  Without the constant progression of technological innovation that has led to our current predicament, humanity would never have developed the capacity for world-destroying potentialities such as thermo-nuclear weapons or industrialized pollution. 
The threefold repetition www abbreviates the whole of modern technological achievement into a simple three-letter acronym.  It symbolises the entire ethos of modern globalisation.  Could these threefold uniform letters therefore be in some way revealing to us their true metaphysical nature?

10 comments:

Aolele said...

I look forward to reading your book when it is "kindled", which I have requested. Your blog was mentioned on spiritdaily.com and the link brought me here. I am most fascinated by some of your theories on the Hebrew connections, very intriguing. God Bless.

Emmett O'Regan said...

Thanks! I’ll look into getting in on kindle – but I think that format has some issues with footnotes, and the book has a lot of them. I could probably get it published in ebook format quite easily if anyone is interested – it would probably be a lot cheaper.

Aolele said...

I just purchased your book from Amazon as I can always pass it along to others if it gets "kindled" later. I should be getting it on Wednesday, very anxious to read it! I have quite a library on Catholic prophecy and find more and more people are turning to the awesome power of the Bible when they become aware of the Truth in its pages.

Emmett O'Regan said...

Thank you very much! I hope you find it enlightening... There's lots of other stuff in it besides the topics I've been posting on so far, and it should make a good reference point - I've tried to include citations of all the original sources of the prophecies discussed, which I found was lacking some other books such as Yves Dupont's Catholic Prophecy and Desmond Birch's Trial, Tribulation & Triumph. I hope this makes it easier for other people to conduct their own research.

Catholic Way Publishing said...

Hello

I make Catholic Classics E-Books and Paperbacks.

I came across your site by searching for a phase in the Marian Movement of Priests. You do seem to be orthodox and from what I've read of the reviews on Amazon, your book seem's to be a great exposition on these last times.

Anyway, you said in the post above that you would accept help on making a Kindle Edition of your book. I would be interested in this, if you want. Footnotes would be formatted to Endnotes which can be accessed via active links.

Here are my books:
http://amzn.to/THfSmh

God Bless!

Catholic Way Publishing said...

Ah! I am sorry, I forgot to leave my email:

catholicwaypublishing@live.co.uk

Thanks!

Emmett O'Regan said...

Thanks to Catholic Way Publishing, my book is now availble on Kindle!

LoneStar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LoneStar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LoneStar said...

I haven't read your book. But, based upon you blog entry, suggesting that the abbreviation for the World-wide-web: WWW is somehow at synonymous with 666, is at best Sophistry. You are apparently unaware that 666 occurs more than once in scripture; you should check it out.
Should we shun modern technology? Absolutely. For its intended purpose has transformed from that of a Tool, to an object of worship. Humanity is beginning to worship the Creation, rather than the Creator.

(Wish there was a way to edit a post)